2010 April 9
Who Was Best Dressed at New Yorkers for Children?
BILLY FARRELL/PatrickMcMullan.com View Gallery
With so many stunning gowns, it's tough—or is it? In fact, clear winners emerged early on, as the frocks with the most flounce dominated over straightforward styles. (Maybe that's always the case!) Without further ado:
1. Tiiu Kuik in Zac Posen. Who could stop staring at this? Even if the super hadn't been hamming it up all night long—from the red carpet to the dance floor—this dramatic ballgown conjured up l'esprit McQueen in a sea of black sheaths. He's still got it, girls...
2. Lauren Remington Platt in vintage Dior. Chic still isn't sure who Platt is, exactly, but on admire her gutsy wardrobe choices, seen brilliantly here in this seventies-era Dior confection. Love the puce, love!
3. Georgina Chapman in Marchesa. No model or celebrity wears this brand as beautifully as the designer herself. Five months pregnant, she looked better than ever.
4. Julie Macklowe in Balmain. We should have known! Clearly undettered by the five-figure pricetags, only Macklowe could summon the Sgt. Pepper vibe at a black-tie charity gala—and make it work splendidly.
5. Malin Akerman in Calvin Klein Collection. This is the first time Akerman has been dressed by Costa, and let's hope it's not the last. Even though her black frock looks fairly standard to the casual PMc voyeur, it's got plenty going on. Ruching, tucking, a splendid cut...it's all in the fabric research, darlings!
Chanel is taking quite a trip for its next showing: Karl Lagerfeld's latest Cruise collection will be trotted out in Dubai on May 13. The show will be staged on an island off the city...
Meaghan Murphy, formerly deputy editor at Self, has been named executive editor at Good Housekeeping...John Brodie, formerly executive editor at Hachette Book Group, has been named...
It's always an editrix-studded affair when Ann Taylor presents their latest collection, and their Fall 2014 preview this week was no exception. The likes of Kyle Anderson, Cindy Weber...