2010 April 9
Who Was Best Dressed at New Yorkers for Children?
BILLY FARRELL/PatrickMcMullan.com View Gallery
With so many stunning gowns, it's tough—or is it? In fact, clear winners emerged early on, as the frocks with the most flounce dominated over straightforward styles. (Maybe that's always the case!) Without further ado:
1. Tiiu Kuik in Zac Posen. Who could stop staring at this? Even if the super hadn't been hamming it up all night long—from the red carpet to the dance floor—this dramatic ballgown conjured up l'esprit McQueen in a sea of black sheaths. He's still got it, girls...
2. Lauren Remington Platt in vintage Dior. Chic still isn't sure who Platt is, exactly, but on admire her gutsy wardrobe choices, seen brilliantly here in this seventies-era Dior confection. Love the puce, love!
3. Georgina Chapman in Marchesa. No model or celebrity wears this brand as beautifully as the designer herself. Five months pregnant, she looked better than ever.
4. Julie Macklowe in Balmain. We should have known! Clearly undettered by the five-figure pricetags, only Macklowe could summon the Sgt. Pepper vibe at a black-tie charity gala—and make it work splendidly.
5. Malin Akerman in Calvin Klein Collection. This is the first time Akerman has been dressed by Costa, and let's hope it's not the last. Even though her black frock looks fairly standard to the casual PMc voyeur, it's got plenty going on. Ruching, tucking, a splendid cut...it's all in the fabric research, darlings!
The Jones Group has shuttered Rachel Roy collection, as the conglomerate preps to be acquired by Sycamore Partners. The line, which was in the midst of celebrating ten years in business...
Time for another gem from The Daily's inaugural Hollywood Issue that you might've missed in the Oscars fracas and tail end of Paris Fashion Week. If you dream of conquering the world’s...
Since opening its doors a year ago, haute modeling agency The Society has built an impressive roster of in-demand talent like Lindsey Wixson, Adriana Lima, and Liu Wen. The Daily dropped...