2013 April 8
Mike Ullman Replaces Ron Johnson at J.C. Penney
(NEW YORK) Today it was announced that Ron Johnson is out at J.C. Penney just shortly after being criticized publicly by the company's largest shareholder, William Ackman, who hired Johnson as CEO in 2011. Ackman mentioned publicly that other criticism directed at the CEO for alienating customers with the new overhaul and updates was "deserved". Last year the brand lost $985 million, which is being blamed as the result of Johnson's changes like the elimination of the company's coupon program. Johnson was formerly the head of Apple Inc.'s retail business, which was hugely successful. Johnson is being replaced by Mike Ullman, who was the ousted CEO's predecessor.
Miley Cyrus Nabs a Spot on Time’s Worst and Best Dressed Lists [Style] Her nude bikini at the VMA’s was decidedly the worst outfit of the year, but a sparkly Marc Jacobs gown...
Today, Town & Country added to its creative team, with the hire of Milanese stylist Nicoletta Santoro as creative director-at-large. The news comes on the heels of Alex Gonzalez's ...
Stuart Weitzman has acquired a fancy new pair of shoes in terms of execs: François Kress has been named the global president of the chaussure label. From his new desk at Stuart Weitzman...
- Eddie Borgo On His Art Basel Bauble Debut At The Webster
- Links of The Daily
- Art Basel 2013: Your Extracurricular Guide To Pop-Ups And Parties
- The British Fashion Awards Honor Miuccia Prada, Christopher Kane, Nicholas Kirkwood, and More
- Swarovski Crystal Palace Collaborates With Architect Guilherme Torres
- InStyle Taps Leslie Farrand As Associate Publisher