2012 May 24
From The Daily Dan: Things to Discuss...and Ignore
Getty Images View Gallery
(NEW YORK) First things first: the starlets, both alive and deceased. Thanks to Madonna, the once-sleepy Water Mill will become a paparazzi hotbed. The songstress has been renting an 8,500-square-foot home (with seven bedrooms!) on a secluded three-acre lot on Blank Lane since January. (Let’s not forget she also owns a $5 million Bridgehampton horse farm, purchased from Kelly Klein in 2009). And speaking of pop starlets and Water Mill, Jennifer Lopez is settling into her new $18 million abode on Mecox Bay. Fingers crossed for a Casper Smart sighting! And attention, renters-—if you’re angling to buy, check out the two-acre compound in Sagaponack once belonging to Henry O. Golightly, who reportedly inspired Truman Capote’s Breakfast at Tiffany’s heroine. It’s on the market for a mere!
Things to Discuss!
1. Traffic on the Montauk Highway
2. Hilaria Thomas
3. Old-school Montauk, as experienced at The Pancake House
4. Afternoons at Cyril’s
5. Barry’s Bootcamp in East Hampton
6. The Spaten Optimator at Zum Schneider MTK
7. Surf Lodge’s parking situation
8. The Haberdashery show at Eric Firestone
9. Chris Burch
10. Your collection of The Daily Dans!
Things to Ignore!
1. Traffic on the LIE
2. Alec Baldwin
3. Hipster Montauk, as seen in the fashion well of GQ’s June issue
4. Late nights at the Talkhouse
5. Core Fusion in Bridgehampton
6. Rosé in the tasting room at Wölffer
7. Surf Lodge’s afternoon drinking scene
8. Photography by Howard Stern
9. Tory Burch
10. Everything else on the newsstand!
Miley Cyrus Nabs a Spot on Time’s Worst and Best Dressed Lists [Style] Her nude bikini at the VMA’s was decidedly the worst outfit of the year, but a sparkly Marc Jacobs gown...
Today, Town & Country added to its creative team, with the hire of Milanese stylist Nicoletta Santoro as creative director-at-large. The news comes on the heels of Alex Gonzalez's ...
Stuart Weitzman has acquired a fancy new pair of shoes in terms of execs: François Kress has been named the global president of the chaussure label. From his new desk at Stuart Weitzman...
- Eddie Borgo On His Art Basel Bauble Debut At The Webster
- Links of The Daily
- Art Basel 2013: Your Extracurricular Guide To Pop-Ups And Parties
- The British Fashion Awards Honor Miuccia Prada, Christopher Kane, Nicholas Kirkwood, and More
- Swarovski Crystal Palace Collaborates With Architect Guilherme Torres
- InStyle Taps Leslie Farrand As Associate Publisher