2012 May 24
From The Daily Dan: Things to Discuss...and Ignore
Getty Images View Gallery
(NEW YORK) First things first: the starlets, both alive and deceased. Thanks to Madonna, the once-sleepy Water Mill will become a paparazzi hotbed. The songstress has been renting an 8,500-square-foot home (with seven bedrooms!) on a secluded three-acre lot on Blank Lane since January. (Let’s not forget she also owns a $5 million Bridgehampton horse farm, purchased from Kelly Klein in 2009). And speaking of pop starlets and Water Mill, Jennifer Lopez is settling into her new $18 million abode on Mecox Bay. Fingers crossed for a Casper Smart sighting! And attention, renters-—if you’re angling to buy, check out the two-acre compound in Sagaponack once belonging to Henry O. Golightly, who reportedly inspired Truman Capote’s Breakfast at Tiffany’s heroine. It’s on the market for a mere!
Things to Discuss!
1. Traffic on the Montauk Highway
2. Hilaria Thomas
3. Old-school Montauk, as experienced at The Pancake House
4. Afternoons at Cyril’s
5. Barry’s Bootcamp in East Hampton
6. The Spaten Optimator at Zum Schneider MTK
7. Surf Lodge’s parking situation
8. The Haberdashery show at Eric Firestone
9. Chris Burch
10. Your collection of The Daily Dans!
Things to Ignore!
1. Traffic on the LIE
2. Alec Baldwin
3. Hipster Montauk, as seen in the fashion well of GQ’s June issue
4. Late nights at the Talkhouse
5. Core Fusion in Bridgehampton
6. Rosé in the tasting room at Wölffer
7. Surf Lodge’s afternoon drinking scene
8. Photography by Howard Stern
9. Tory Burch
10. Everything else on the newsstand!
A New Gap Kids Collaboration [Vogue UK] The pint-sized set will be getting a capsule collection from Kate Spade and Jack Spade...Manolo Blahnik’s Marvelous Stories [Business of Fashion...
Mary Katrantzou is entering the athletic wear realm with a new collaboration with Adidas. The London-based designer, who is known for her statement making prints, follows Pharell Williams...
To celebrate the half-decade mark, e-comm haven The Outnet is rolling out an 17-piece collection of exclusives by a topnotch spate of designers. The accessories and apparel items are...
- Genetic Denim Gets A Boost From Major Investors, Jimmy Iovine and Peter Morton
- Links of The Daily
- Banana Republic Taps Marissa Webb As Creative Director And Executive Vice President
- The Victoria's Secret Show Will Relocate From New York To London
- Rolex Appoints Jean-Frédéric Dufour As CEO
- Links Of The Daily