2012 May 24
From The Daily Dan: Things to Discuss...and Ignore
Getty Images View Gallery
(NEW YORK) First things first: the starlets, both alive and deceased. Thanks to Madonna, the once-sleepy Water Mill will become a paparazzi hotbed. The songstress has been renting an 8,500-square-foot home (with seven bedrooms!) on a secluded three-acre lot on Blank Lane since January. (Let’s not forget she also owns a $5 million Bridgehampton horse farm, purchased from Kelly Klein in 2009). And speaking of pop starlets and Water Mill, Jennifer Lopez is settling into her new $18 million abode on Mecox Bay. Fingers crossed for a Casper Smart sighting! And attention, renters-—if you’re angling to buy, check out the two-acre compound in Sagaponack once belonging to Henry O. Golightly, who reportedly inspired Truman Capote’s Breakfast at Tiffany’s heroine. It’s on the market for a mere!
Things to Discuss!
1. Traffic on the Montauk Highway
2. Hilaria Thomas
3. Old-school Montauk, as experienced at The Pancake House
4. Afternoons at Cyril’s
5. Barry’s Bootcamp in East Hampton
6. The Spaten Optimator at Zum Schneider MTK
7. Surf Lodge’s parking situation
8. The Haberdashery show at Eric Firestone
9. Chris Burch
10. Your collection of The Daily Dans!
Things to Ignore!
1. Traffic on the LIE
2. Alec Baldwin
3. Hipster Montauk, as seen in the fashion well of GQ’s June issue
4. Late nights at the Talkhouse
5. Core Fusion in Bridgehampton
6. Rosé in the tasting room at Wölffer
7. Surf Lodge’s afternoon drinking scene
8. Photography by Howard Stern
9. Tory Burch
10. Everything else on the newsstand!
Harper's Bazaar en français? Indeed! The title is launching a French edition, as a joint venture between Hearst Magazines International and Groupe Marie Claire. The French iteration...
Marni Golden, formerly editorial director at StyleCaster, has been named entertainment director at Allure...Liz Doupnik, formerly fashion editor for StyleCaster, has been named fashion...
Another John Galliano interview might be in the works. The man hasn't spoken to the press since an apologetic announcement after his famous incident, but Galliano still continues to...