2009 March 9
Lanvin - Paris Fall 2009
(PARIS) What does "timeless" really mean anymore? As designer after designer trots out the typical drop-crotch pant and heralds it as a "new classic," Alber Elbaz insists that the past is still valid, and that the clothes he makes today will have relevance far after this crise bottoms out. His show began with a bias-cut black sheath, worn simply but confidently by Magdalena. Other legit basics followed, including those Elbaz pioneered, like raw-edged dresses in silk and wool. The nudes were most heavenly, especially the floor-grazing charmeuse dress seen on Karlie Kloss.
To celebrate the half-decade mark, e-comm haven The Outnet is rolling out an 17-piece collection of exclusives by a topnotch spate of designers. The accessories and apparel items are...
Vanessa Friedman Is Moving Into Some Big Shoes At The New York Times [Adweek] But with her solid plans to expand global coverage, the new fashion director and chief fashion critic ...
Fresh on the heels of its announcement that Roland Mouret would be designing a 25-piece collection for the brand, Banana Republic has brought on another household name designer, but...
- The Victoria's Secret Show Will Relocate From New York To London
- Rolex Appoints Jean-Frédéric Dufour As CEO
- Links Of The Daily
- Joe Zee Named Editor-In-Chief And Executive Creative Officer Of Yahoo Fashion
- Alexander Wang To Design Collection for H&M
- Stylist Kate Young On Her Upcoming Book, Design Aspirations, And More