2009 June 5
Versace CEO Steps Down
(MILAN) Gianni Versace SpA and its CEO Giancarlo Di Risio made a "mutual decision" to discontinue their partnership, according to a statement. Di Risio plans to stay on at the company, where he has served since 2004, until a successor is found. For the last several weeks, the fashion world has fielded rumors of such an event, which was allegedly incited by creative differences between Di Risio and Donatella Versace, who owns a 20% stake in the firm and is backed by daughter Allegra Versace Beck, who inherited a 30% stake when her uncle Gianni Versace died in 1997.
Jeffrey Kalinsky is shifting his role at Nordstrom in order to focus on his side projects. He'll no longer hold the title of executive vice president of designer merchandising for ...
Karl Lagerfeld took the Chanel Pre-Fall show back to its retail roots by staging its runway show in Dallas this season. The iconic Parisian brand has a storied history with the city...
Fashion East Has Inducted Two New Designers [Style] The initiative, started by Lulu Kennedy, is allowing Helen Lawrence and Louise Alsop to present collections in February, along ...
- The Guggenheim Gives Isaac Mizrahi Full Reign Over "Peter And The Wolf"
- Stephen Mooallem Replaces Kimberly Cutter at Harper's Bazaar
- L'Official Names Frédérique Dedet Editor in Chief
- Links of The Daily
- Daniel Lalonde Steps Down As President Of Ralph Lauren International
- Christian Dior Taps YSL and Sergio Rossi Alum To Design Shoes