2009 April 21
(NEW YORK) As it becomes increasingly difficult to retain the exclusive rights to one's own original content in an era of rapid online dispersement, one magazine is fighting back. Interview has adopted a new permissions and reproductions policy that aims to allow both widespread distribution of the magazine's content while maintaining its exclusive rights to the photography and writing it produces. TKTKT
Permission to reproduce excerpts from our original article in your piece is granted upon the following terms:
1. Only brief excerpts from our article may be reprinted (up to a maximum of 15%), not the entire article.
2. The text of your piece must mention Interview’s title and show the unaltered cover of the applicable issue of Interview.
3. The following copyright notice must appear in your piece in an appropriate location: “Copyright ã 2009 Interview Inc. Used by permission.”
4. Your piece/ Footage must include the following credits:
Photographer(s): Nick Knight
Styling: Francesca Burns
Writer(s): Derek Blasberg
5. We must receive a link to your piece (if online) or copy of the issue or publication in which it appears (if print) immediately upon first publication.
6. Online useage of article contained in this issue must include a hyperlink to http://www.interviewmagazine.com/film/emma-watson/
6. This license is governed by New York law. If you materially fail to comply, we will be entitled to recover liquidated damages of US $15,000, in addition to any other damages, and all costs of collection (including reasonable attorneys fees).
Chanel is taking quite a trip for its next showing: Karl Lagerfeld's latest Cruise collection will be trotted out in Dubai on May 13. The show will be staged on an island off the city...
Meaghan Murphy, formerly deputy editor at Self, has been named executive editor at Good Housekeeping...John Brodie, formerly executive editor at Hachette Book Group, has been named...
It's always an editrix-studded affair when Ann Taylor presents their latest collection, and their Fall 2014 preview this week was no exception. The likes of Kyle Anderson, Cindy Weber...