2010 June 8
BILLY FARRELL/PatrickMcMullan.com View Gallery
How would we describe frocks at last night’s awards? Lukewarm. Without a seated dinner or fancy after-party (this is what you get, CFDA, for snubbing Calvin!), the black tie looks were too pale, too cautious. There were a few standouts, however---but Sarah Jessica Parker was not one of them.
So Behold! Chic's Ten Hautest CFDA Guests! (click on Gallery to ogle)
1. Liya Kebede in Proenza Schouler. It's the right look on the right Time 100 honoree.
2. Amanda Hearst in Peter Som. She's not just a socialite, remember? She's an editor at Marie Claire!
3. Sasha Pivovarova in The Row. The Olsens should take her on every PA.
4. Julie Macklowe in Versace. It takes guts to rock an Italian label during a celebration of American fashion. Kudos!
5. Jessica Biel in Diane von Furstenberg. The only actress who vaguely managed to impress.
6. Dree Hemingway in Calvin Klein Collection. Bonus points for the shoes!
7. Tonne Goodman in Michael Kors. Now this is how black should be handled.
8. Hilary Rhoda in Rachel Roy. Easy, sumptuous, Grecian.
9. Hana Soukupova in Marchesa. A leggy Eastern European beauty in Marchesa isn't exactly groundbreaking, but it always works. Behold the miracles of Soul Cycle!
10. Linda Fargo in Thakoon. Confident? Oui. Flawless? Absoulement.
Hermès: For a house synonymous with luxury, it makes sense ...
On Tuesday night, art lovers, designers and socials flocked ...
WHAT: Keds x Kate Spade New York Rally Leather...WHY: Is that...