2010 May 11
(NEW YORK) The June issues are officially out, and given the relatively slow news cycle, let's ingest (and digest) some of our favorite fashion rags at a lethargic pace, n'est pas? Behold The Daily's takeaway from June Lucky.
1. Katy Perry is over rompers. Clad in a demure red Nanette Lepore frock, there's nary a onesie to be seen. “I’m trying to evolve," the June cover girl explains, referencing her fashion sense.
2. Kim France & Co. are still giving away those stickers!
3. You don’t want that $200 Smith-Corona typewriter on page 46. You need it.
4. There are 12 rules to achieving clear skin. Rule #5: “The only topical treatment to even slightly faze the dreaded body acne is copious amounts of isopropyl alcohol. Even then, it’s a battle that’s hard to win.”
5. How to wear denim: “Use casual shorts to balance the girliness of a lace-detail top…or…mix different shades to build a playful spin on the denim suit.”
6. How to wear scarves: “Twisting two featherweight complementary-hued scarves together creates an effect that’s all ethereal boho cool—so nice when paired with a floaty blouse.”
7. How to wear skirts with sneakers: “A loose-fitting striped top—as traditional as they come and left untucked—is the ideal counterpoint to a flirty little mini.”
8. Indie is officially in, in case you didn't know. Lucky suggests you (start to) channel Chloe Sevigny, Margherita Missoni and St. Vincent, if you haven't already. And break out the specs and flea market finds to achieve flippant cool!
9. Perry’s still plugging Proactive. “I use all of the products. I live and die by them. And I’ve tried everything, including lasers and microdermabrasion.”
10. We just may win a spa trip to Lake Austin Spa Resort worth $6K. Or at the very least, we can snag a free Burt’s Bees lip blam. Lucky’s giving away 3,350 of those babies!
Want to stay chez Karl Lagerfeld? The designer has signed on...
On Tuesday night, art lovers, designers and socials flocked ...
WHAT: d.Ra Stacy Skirt...WHY: The cherry blossoms won’t have...