2010 September 8
WILL RAGOZZINO/PatrickMcMullan.com View Gallery
(NEW YORK) It---meaning New York's Fashion Week---is just hours away. Here at IMG HQ, Team Daily scurries to ship its first print issue of the season. You can't get your hands on us until tomorrow, but in the meantime, a few small matters worth your consideration.
11. The tale of two Tonchis. You know way too much about Stefano. Who are you missing?
10. Haute show alert: Suno by Max Osterweis and Erin Beatty. This brand's first presentation at M.A.C & Milk was a mob scene last season, with Vogue as ubiquitous as the retailers. Expect a presentation to remember---and a CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund nod in 2011.
9. LVMH brass at Rodarte. The Daily has reported on Renaud Dutreil's front-row presence at the Mulleavy's show for a year---at least---and with a deal finally done (if not announced), let's just see who shows. Antoine Arnault, please---although Delphine will do just fine.
8. Tom Ford's alleged women's collection. Expect it to debut at his store party on Sunday, but don't expect a full collection. Think capsule, think Michael Bastian for Gant's womens (in terms of size), think priced to move on the red carpet.
7. Michelle Kessler-Sanders, c'est qui? Yes, Sally Singer's new fashion director at T was an editor at Vogue, but in the 6-ish years she's been out of the editoral circuit, a lot has changed. So prepare yourselves for this new front-row face and tell us if you agree that she looks just a little bit like Isabella Rossellini.
6. The ascendance of Joan Smalls to super status. The Daily's pick for Spring 2011's top model is none other than this Puerto Rican beauty who earned her runway cred in Europe last season. With loads of personality, wit, grace, and general gorgeousness, Smalls is just embarking on a very long (and interesting) career.
5. All Karl, all the time. The store opening in Soho (with SJP, Gossips galore, Diane Kruger, Crystal Renn, etc.) is only the beginning. Remember the Couture Council?
4. Tommy Hilfiger's epic 25th anniversary bash. The invites? Alive. (Plastic-encased boites filled with ground covering.) The venue? The Metropolitan Opera House. Expect megawatts, all around.
3. Tom Florio's next gig. [You won't believe the rumors.]
2. Brandon Holley: So Lucky! Since when has Condé hired back an editor whose title folded? And as for Kim France's exit: why now, why so sudden?
1. The Daily's media issue, weighing in at 65 pages and counting as it's fed (and refed) with unspeakable dish. Exclusives with every EIC and publisher who counts. Get it at Lincoln Center first thing Saturday morning. Of course, it will always be available on iPad...
Want to stay chez Karl Lagerfeld? The designer has signed on...
On Tuesday night, art lovers, designers and socials flocked ...
WHAT: d.Ra Stacy Skirt...WHY: The cherry blossoms won’t have...