2012 December 21
Time goes by, so slowly… Time goes by, so slowly… (Yes, that was a Madonna reference!) I am literally counting the minutes until this week is over and I can finally lounge in my silk pajamas with a Hot Toddy in hand, watching A Christmas Story, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation and It’s A Wonderful Life on repeat and not think about work until 2013. It’s definitely been a whirlwind year. JoCo and I moved up from Marie Claire to Cosmopolitan, I finally met my idol (Madonna, obvi) and I had the privilege of interviewing some of my favorite people, including Kylie Minogue, Beth Ditto, Belinda Carlisle, Lisa Marie Presley, Kristen Wiig, Justin Bieber, Debra Messing, Mika and Debbie Harry. Oh, and let’s not forget that in 2012 I guzzled enough Bloody’s to fill an Olympic size swimming pool. Sorry, dear liver, I promise to do better next year! I won’t get sentimental, it’s not good for my image, but I wish everyone a great holiday and a happy new year! I’ll leave you with my favorite songs from this year and if you don’t own them, you should get your ass on iTunes and downloaded them stat. Cheers! And be sure to Tweet me your faves @SergioKletnoy. Onwards and upwards.
- Lana Del Rey, “Summertime Sadness” – Because a sad Lana is a good thing.
- Amanda Mair, “Before” – Swedish pop at its finest.
- Emeli Sande, “Clown” – torch song from one of the most underrated new voices.
- Keane, “Silenced By The Night” – Stadium anthem from one of my fave English bands.
- fun. & Janelle Monae, “We Are Young” – Admit it, you lip-synched this song every single time it came on, I know I did.
- Gossip, “Get A Job” – C’mon, it’s Beth Ditto and co., dancing and telling you to get off your ass and work.
- Madonna, “Love Spent” - One of Madonna’s best, trust me!
- Thomas Azier, “Red Eyes” – electro-pop gem from a German newcomer.
- David Guetta & Sia, “Titanium” – Dance anthem of the year. Point. Blank. Period.
- Rufus Wainwright, “Out Of The Game” – Sad and moody, the video with Helena Bonham Carter is a must see.
- Marina & The Diamonds, “Buy The Stars” – Spine-tingling ballad from the best album of the year.
- David’s Lyre, “English Roses” – Brilliant electro folk tune from an English singer-songwriter.
- Scissor Sisters, “Somewhere” – Electric pop from one of New York’s finest.
- Alanis Morissette, “Receive” – Welcome to a much gentler and kinder Alanis; enjoy.
- Maroon 5, “One More Night” – So good, it does not need an explanation.
- Ellie Goulding, “I Know You Care” – Ellie’s voice is like butter, I want to spread it all over me…
- Nas & Amy Winehouse, “Cherry Wine” – Gone too soon, incredible voice with one of the best rappers of all time.
- M.I.A. with Missy Elliott and Rye Rye, “Bad Girls” (Remix) – Bad girl anthem with a killer comeback from Missy!
- Taylor Swift, “We Are Never Getting Back Together” – No one can write a better “I’m over you” anthem’s than Taylor!
- Jessie Ware, “Wildest Moments” – A soul masterpiece from my Jewish sister from another mother.
- Alicia Keys, “Girl On Fire” – Another classic from Ms. Keys.
- P!nk, “Try” – Standout ballad from P!nk’s stellar album.
- Gold Fields, “Dark Again” – The coolest band to come out of Australia since INXS.
- Mika, “Overrated” – Totally underrated and beyond addictive pop ditty.
- No Doubt, “Push And Shove” – Impossible to ignore, this song makes me want to move every time it’s on.
- Adele, “Skyfall” – You can’t go wrong with Adele and Bond, James Bond.
- Nikki Williams, “Kill, Fuck, Marry” – One of the best songs of the year, written by Sia for an artist who will be everywhere in the new year. Trust me!
- Katy B with Geeneus and Jessie Ware, “Aaliyah” – Melodic and chillout dance at its finest.
- Rihanna, “Diamonds” – Sia penned smash from everyone’s fave Barbadian bad girl.
- Kanye West with Big Sean, Pusha T & 2 Chainz, “Mercy” – Love him or hate him, Mr. Kardashian’s music can’t be ignored.
Each year it's a Glee-worthy spectacle as FIT students flock...
You may not even recognize the star of Steven Knight’s latest...
WHAT: Sophia Webster for J. Crew Penelope Pumps...WHY: The latest...