2011 January 13
How does our travel expert Rebecca Minkoff survive her worldwide adventures? She gives Chic the low-down on her top ten tips on making traveling easier for vous.
"Blame it on the New York snowstorms, but all I can think about this week is getting out of the Big Apple. Seven hours from now I could be in St. Tropez…Naturally, I have mentally packed my bags, so this week I’m going to share with you my top ten travel tips.
- Sometimes, it’s like Sophie’s Choice when it comes to what to pack, but you can’t bring everything, no matter how fabulous. Pick a neutral color palette like black or brown and make everything mix-and-match-able.
- Pack one outfit per day and add in a great day-to-evening dress like my Ilaria dress – even if you don’t currently have evening plans (wink, wink).
- Unless you’re Mr. T, you don’t need top pile on the jewels for your travels. Decide on a few standout pieces that can accessorize into any occasion.
- Roll, do not fold, your clothes. Not only does this free up tons of space in your weekender, but it minimizes wrinkling.
- My secret to never looking like I took that red-eye? Darphin eye cream
- Transcend out of that unfortunate middle seat in coach with a Samsonite eye mask (with ear plugs!) for pitch-black serenity.
- For my birthday, I received a cashmere blanket and slippers set that have becoming flying must-haves. If you can’t spare the room, pack a pashmina or big cozy scarf to double as a blanket.
- I wish someone would have stressed the importance of signing up for mileage rewards and keeping track of your miles! The first time I earned an upgrade was the happiest day of my life.
- Only Jennifer Lopez takes more than 2 bags on a weekend trip. All a girl needs should fit into a weekender, like the Cherish tote and a crossbody MAC (that can double as a clutch).
- There is nothing more germaphobe-inducing than walking barefoot through security! To avoid wanting to chop off your feet, always wear socks and slip-off shoes… stay tuned for the MAB flat from my new shoe line out next month! Just because you may be on a flight to grandma’s house doesn’t mean you shouldn’t put your best ballet flat forward. You never know who could be in the seat next to you…
Isaac Mizrahi has been narrating the children's story Peter ...
Cosmopolitan dominated power lunch hautespot Michael’s yesterday...
WHAT: Fendi 2Jours Petite Bug Leather Shopper...WHY: Attention...