2011 February 2
Photo Courtesy of Stacey Bendet View Gallery
This week, our motherhood expert Stacey Bendet of Alice + Olivia shares her tips for the mommy-to-be. Stacey should know! She's expecting herself.
"It seems that the baby bump is the accessory of spring. Despite morning sickness, strange cravings, and hot flashes, I feel quite fashion-appropriate. But even the cutest bump in the world isn't going to look ravishing in spring's brights and prints. Here's how to flatter:
1. Black! It covers many flaws! I layer: loose tanks, leggings, rights, boots… it works!
2. Boobs! They look amazing for 9 months, so you should enjoy them while you have them.
3. The Non-Maternity Maternity Pant! alice + olivia ponti pants rock, falke cotton touch tights, commando tights are saviors!
4. Great fits! Dresses that have a band or elastic right below the bust can actually make you look way bigger. I usually wear a loose tank top over a tight longer tank top, or stretchy skirt with tights. Boots help your legs look slimmer as the bump gets bigger!
5. Accessorize! Get your colors in with fun colored bags (thank you, Celine, Marni, Givenchy and Diane De Maria hot pinkness!), great shoes—your body might be growing, but your feet aren’t, so hello, Prada platforms. I'm a big fan of fun hair accessories, too.
6. Stay active! Yoga, twenty-minute walks... you're not hungover, so take advantage. I love yoga when pregnant. It completely makes everything in your body feel better. I mean, so does a margarita, but the yoga is better for your ass and baby.
7. Let your skin glow! I suggest a skin goddess who uses all-natural products. I recommend Dayle Breault-Hagag. I also swear by nutritionist Sally Kravich and Dr. Gowri Motha for their dietary tips, which help keep the skin and body clean and clear!"
Dior’s beauty team is in new hands: Peter Philips has been...
Far from the dreamy vineyards and olive trees of Florence, a...
WHAT: Christopher Kane Violet Handbag...WHY: Science is tricky...