2011 January 26
Designers Timo Weiland and Alan Eckstein of Timo Weiland moonlight as DJs; enjoy their haute tracks of the week.
"As Fashion Week approaches, each work day blends into night. There is a heightened level of urgency in everything, from our studio sessions to our DJ gigs. To counteract the chaos, this week's setlist is mostly chilly, dark and eerie, with pops of old-skool trip-hop:
1) Joubert Singers - "Stand on the Word" (Larry Levan mix)
2) Cass McCombs - "That's That"
3) The Generationals - "When They Fight, They Fight"
4) Trick Daddy - "I'm a Thug"
5) Johnny Hallyday - "L'Idole de Jeunes"
6) Sebastien Tellier - "Roche"
7) Rolling Stones - "Nineteenth Nervous Breakdown"
8) The Walkmen - "We've Been Had"
9) A Tribe Called Quest - "Rhythm (Devoted to the Art of Moving Butts)"
10) T-Rex "Mambo Sun"
11a) Mulatu Astatke - "Yegelle Tezeta"
11b) The Libertines - "What Katie Did"
Chanel is taking quite a trip for its next showing: Karl Lagerfeld...
Calling all go-getters: Last eve, Glamour celebrated its 2014...
WHAT: Missoni Necklace...WHY: All of the Spring 2014 collections...