2011 January 10
Designers Timo Weiland and Alan Eckstein of Timo Weiland have been moonlighting as DJs, so we've asked them to write a column about--what else?-- music. Welcome aboard, boys!
"During the Spring of 2010, Alan and I formed DJ duo/syndicate " T*n*A "," explains Timo. "Our gig roster includes Black & White, Soho Grand, Norwood, Chelsea Art Museum, the ModernaMuseet in Stockholm, and private parties in Manhattan and the Hamptons. We often mix and layer tunes to compliment an environment's energy and environment. Every day in our studio, we experiment with music selections as we sketch, arrange inspiration, design fabrics and each season's collection. The soundtrack to the creative process in the TW studio marries classic with modern, much like our brand does. Since ringing in the New Year at our spot inside the Soho Grand Hotel, Alan and I have put together the following playlist of 11 tracks you can expect to hear us playing out loud in 2011."
1) "Take it Easy" by Surfer Blood
2. "Tightrope" by Yeasayer
3. "Young Love" by the Mystery Jets
4. "He hit me (it feels like a kiss)" by the Crystals
5. "Lust for Life" by Iggy Pop
6. "Notorious Thugs" by Notorious BIG
7. "Hold U" by Masta Ace
8. "Down by the Water" by the Drums
9. "Emotional Rescue" by the Rolling Stones
10. "Heard it through the Grapevine" by the Slits
11. "Street Hassle" by Lou Reed
Chanel is taking quite a trip for its next showing: Karl Lagerfeld...
Calling all go-getters: Last eve, Glamour celebrated its 2014...
WHAT: Missoni Necklace...WHY: All of the Spring 2014 collections...